Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ooooh that just fell on the floor

Day 1 and already questions and rules popping up. I dropped a bit of a tart on the floor. Decision: I am not eating that. Last nights festivities included a selection of dips on the counter. Decision: Technically, because it was on Dec 31 that it was left out I am going to toss these.

I thought this would be very easy for me to eliminate the waste. I think I was more concerned about the big things: a full cucumber, a container of leftovers. It's the little things that are going to be tough, but will just take some getting used to for me. Sarah and I were making scrambled eggs and I told her to add one more. In the end there was about one egg worth leftover. Dangit! Now I have to eat that at some point. Lesson 1 learned: if we finish all the food at a meal that is ok. It has occurred to me that this resolution was going to make me eating everything in site in an effort not waste food. But after breakfast this morning, I think it will actually mean that I make less, buy less and in turn eat less. Hmmm I like that.

So what did I do with that tiny amount of scrambled eggs?

Tip: I had a leftover tart shell that I sprinkled with cheese and ham and added the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment