Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1 Recap

Although I haven't had much time to blog, I have been thinking about all my postings with every food decision. Week 1 was not a perfect week. I am going to accept it as a learning process and take what I learned and make changes.

Also, people have left me some tips about using food in smoothies and soups. Another tip I picked up is muffins: my little girl and I made savory muffins which included diced steak, green onions and feta cheese. Very tasty and I used up a few things I otherwise wouldn't have.

Food wasted:
1. 1/4 jar baby food
2. 1/2 cup lentil soup

First, the baby food was completely my fault. I knew it had one day left on it and I should have fed it to the baby for breakfast, I was running late and gave her a banana. This is why typically I don't use the jarred food. This is one of my last big jars left, a couple small applesauce to go. I don't anticipate this happening again. Lesson 2: organize my life a bit better

On to the soup. Ahhhh. This was leftover food from my mom's house and I really hesitated taking it home. I opted for a small container and gave it to Kris. He didn't quite finish it, but it was my decision to take it. Lesson 3: If I am not willing to eat it, don't take it.

That was the bad, onto the good. I made good work of the leftover steaks from NYE. On the 3rd I was coming home from work and was starving. I really wanted to stop at McDonalds with my coupons and get lunch for the hubby and I. (As an aside, during my last pregnancy I started a Big Mac addiction that I haven't been able to quit cold turkey) I am going back and forth in my head thinking about the hot delicious greasy food that awaits me. No, I have some steaks that need to get eaten, McDonalds- you lose today. That confirmed for me how this plan was going to save me money and shed some pounds.

There are times when I would prefer something else to eat, but knowing that I have leftovers in my fridge make my food decisions easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment