Thursday, January 13, 2011

The things I have eaten

Ok Brianne people are reading this. No pressure.

First, thanks for everyone who has enjoyed my blog and who have left me notes of encouragement. If anyone has any tips they want to share I welcome comments, so that everyone can benefits by all the great tips and tricks that people are using.

Already this week I have thrown away one of my muffins. And that was after I froze half of each kind. It seems like we can't quite get through muffins in this house, but I do enjoy making them. I gave up baking years ago because Kris and I just don't eat it, so maybe it's time to stop with the muffins too. So much reflection of such importance. le sigh.

My experiment for week was testing out if croissants froze nicely. I am happy to report they did. A little more flaky but still very edible. We have about 8 that I don't think we can finish in time, so in the freezer they go for another day.

The big event was a Usborne book party that I hosted. I made all the snacks totally aware that whatever was left would have to be eaten by me. That said, no one ate ANYTHING! That night I drank the rest of the punch, put the chips back in their bags and packed everything else up the fridge. I confess I have been eating leftover rice, mixed with extraordinary cheese dip and chicken salad tarts. Yes, all together. If you have tasted that Epicure dip you know that it is mayo, cream cheese, cheese and some spices. So maybe this plan is not going to be the healthiest this week, but I did finish nearly everything. We just have some fruit compote left. (or compost as Kris calls it)


Tip: The fruit compote is going into ice cube trays to be used for smoothies or ice cubes for a punch.

1 comment:

  1. I freeze my muffins individually!!! You could give that a try :)

    ReplyDelete