Friday, December 31, 2010

Laying in out

So why am I setting my sites so high? Well, because I can. I try not to waste food and do a pretty good job of it most of the time, so how can I do better? Zero waste.
Now there are a few rules I have been setting:
1) I am not going to eat the scraps on either of my children or my husbands dinner plates, that is just 20 pounds my butt doesn't need. I will help my kids with serving sensible amounts on their plates.
2) I am not looking to eliminate all food waste. What I mean by this, is my goal is not to compost my banana peels, turn my peanut shells into craft projects or the like. I want to stop throwing out perfectly edible food before it spoils.
3) More rules are allowed at a time when I decide a blanket exception needs to be made. (Because I was sure I had a couple more in mind)

For anyone who knows me, I am the leftover queen. It's crazy to me that people in my family actually refuse to eat day old food. Boggles the mind. This means I already start with a large amount of 'second hand' food to start with and I will have use a small amount of planning to make sure this gets used up. Tonight we are having a New Years Eve party and making a big dinner. I cleaned out the fridge yesterday, but tomorrow morning there will be a fridge full. Challenge on!

No comments:

Post a Comment