Monday, February 7, 2011

Questions: Shopping Tips

I had a couple chats with people on what exactly I am doing to not waste any food. One my aunt asked was if I shop everyday.

No. We get produce maybe once a week and one big shop a month. What this means is that usually our fridge or cupboards look very barebones when it is near shopping time. I don't get food when we still have some available. That is where you have food piled in and you loose track of what you have. I also like it when the cupboards are bare. It forces you to get creative with what you have and use up that stuff that has been pushed to the back.

You don't have to be organized to do this, in fact it is an unorganized way of shopping and cooking. I use what I have. I eat what's available. Couldn't be easier. I am finding it takes the power out of food. I don't eat what I want. I eat what I have to eat. I can find happiness from things other than food.....

No comments:

Post a Comment