Friday, February 25, 2011

February Fail

There has been mass amounts of food in the garbage so for this month. So let's begin the justification of why it's not my fault. lol I joke, but it does seem like a pattern.

The Good: I made a couple delicious cupboard/fridge meals. Just by combining things I had to use up. The curry I made was fantastic and I won't be able to recreate it again. We also used up a tray of Jello shooters leftover from a party. Yay us!

The Bad: I made a giant pot of "The Best French Onion Soup Ever" It did not live up to the hype. I struggled to finish it off and threw out a bowl. I do believe the amount of delicious leftovers taken from my mom's house had a part to play. Today I threw out 1/4 cup of organic yogurt. Well, that should have been thrown out 10 days ago. eep! I did ask Kris to finish it when it was a few days part it's expiry, but that didn't happen. I have an issue with near expired dairy. Those are the two things I will take full credit for.

The Ugly: I cleared out my mom's fridge after a party at her request. Once I got it home, I realized the 7-layer dip was already expired. Almost a full container trashed. There were also two pre-made chip dips. I had full intentions of finishing these- they were good till March 8. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on these? Oh man, I was not eating this on it's own or hidden in something else. I will stick to my Epicure dips.

No comments:

Post a Comment